There’s not many things better than a new bikini, I’m sure we all agree… but what if we told you that every time you buy a bikini from Salty Mermaid Swimwear you are contributing and helping to save the lives of thousands of animals in need, people’s lives, rainforests and so much more?
With every purchase made on Salty Mermaid Swimwear, we donate $10 to the Iracambi Organization, a community of people around the world whose vision is to see the beautiful Brazilian Atlantic Forest restored. When Salty Mermaid Swimwear was born in 2016, they had one vision in mind: Create a Swimsuit that empowers the beauty of the woman within and the world throughout. With every new collection Salty Mermaid Swimwear releases, we hand select a charity or organization to that we can donate to because together we can make a difference.
Here are the top 5 reasons why we should protect the rainforests:
- Animals: The rainforests is a habitat to thousands upon thousands of animals. What would happen to all those animals if the rainforests were to disappear?
- Medicine: It is pretty crazy to think that just about 25% of the medicines we use have originated in the rainforest one way or another. The cure for many diseases could be living in the 99% of the rainforest that has gone unexamined for medicinal properties.
- Food: If deforestation does not stop, many of the foods we eat everyday that come from the Amazon including, nuts, bananas, coffee beans, pineapples, etc could be in danger of becoming sparse.
- H20: Approximately one fifth of our fresh water comes from rainforests…and water is literally the key to life. Rainforests are 100% necessary if we want to get clean drinking water to underprivileged parts of the world.
- Climate Change: Ladies, we’ve got to protect our planet. Did you know that the rainforests have a critical role in regulating the Earth’s weather patterns and temperatures? Yep — when we protect the rainforests and foster them to grow and flourish and bloom, we are protecting our precious mother earth.